A Day in a Bhutan Hotel Room

Today was to be a hike up to Tiger’s Nest.  But instead I spent it in our hotel room.

In the middle of the night, I started feeling nauseas.  By morning I had throw up twice, and had an approximation of diarrhea, and was freezing.  I tend to get cold whenever I get sick. So I spent the day in the hotel room, trying to sleep.  The working diagnosis is altitude sickness perhaps with a touch of travelers diarrhea.

Linda went ahead on the hike, but apparently only got part way up the mountain and also threw up, so they sent her back.

I took a hot bath to warm up.  At least this room has a bath.  Several of the places only had showers.  The bath is very elegant.  The drain plug is a spring loaded pop-up. And by positioning it in the middle, there is a nice hint of symmetry.


But from a practical point of view, if I am trying to soak my upper torso, the plug is right where my butt goes, and since it is pop-up, every time I shift, it pops up and starts to drain!

But hopefully by tomorrow we will be back on our feet.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Angkor Temples in Cambodia

A Day in Marrakech

A day in Panama